- What does it mean to be a Casamúsica host?
- What do you need to know if you want to book Casamúsica?
- What are the costs of staying at Casamúsica?
- Who are the current hosts?
- School holidays in Switzerland and England
What does it mean to be a Casamúsica host?
- Hosts can book Casamúsica for themselves, as well as their family and friends, to realise dreams, for cultural projects or simply to enjoy times together in a lovely environment.
- Hosts are people who we trust and who are happy to accept responsibility for the house during their stay. We would like hosts to treat the house as their own, report if something breaks, and replace what they use up, so that the next visitors arrive in a house where one can live immediately. (e.g. toilet paper available, milk only if it doesn't go off before the next arrival...)
- Hosts commit to being personally present at Casamúsica for the full duration of their booked stay.
- Hosts are either members of our family or close friends.
- Hosts decide who can join them during the time they have booked the house. If Casamúsica is already booked at a time you would like to stay there, but there are still rooms available, you need to contact the host directly to find out if you are welcome. The host adds you to the calendar.
What do you need to know if you want to book Casamúsica?
- Casamúsica offers space for a maximum of 24 people.
- Hosts with school-age children/grandchildren: On January 1, the calendar is made available for bookings up to the end of the following calendar year.
- Everbody else: Calendar released on 1 February.
- If you are not taking any schoolchildren, please wait with booking until February 1, so families traveling with schoolchildren really have first choice, especially for the school holidays.
- There are 8½ bedrooms, accommodating a variety of needs.
- Maestri: ground floor; double room, ideal for a couple, 2x single possible
- Delgado: ground floor; 2x single, double possible, ideal for 2 friends or siblings
- Madera: first floor; double with access to courtyard, ideal for a couple
- Noscuro & Joiosa: first floor; 2 connected rooms, 1 double, 2x single, ideal for family use
- Soberana: first floor; double, ideal for couple, 2x single possible
- Establo: second floor; bedroom with 6 beds, ideal for children or if there are loads of people
- Studio: second floor; bedroom for 4, double & sofa bed, ideal for parents with 2 children
- Fuera: second floor; double with terrace onto courtyard, ideal for lovey-doveys, 2x single possible
- Studio or Studio & Fuera are suitable for use as an 'independent' apartment. However, the shower still needs to be shared with any residents of Establo. With this type of use, it is the host's decision who has access to the top terrace & kitchen. Between Studio and Fuera there is a doubled up door.
- Click here to see when there is space available for you at Casamúsica. If you find a suitable time frame, you can reserve the house.
What are the costs of staying at Casamúsica?
- Hosts and their guests can stay at Casamúsica for free. But:
- We expect you to pay for the fixed costs of the house (€70/day for rates, final cleaning, wifi etc), payable to confirm your reservation.
- We also expect you to pay for the costs you incur, due when I get the bills & let you know your share. Electricity (ca €7/day plus heating/cooling) and water (min €1/day)
- In order to keep our admin work to a minimum, we will - in principle - not refund any money.
- In case of cancellation, the fixed fee will be credited towards a next stay, but only if someone else can book for the canceled period. We want to avoid that guests cannot stay at Casamúsica because somebody has booked a period and then does not use it.
- Watch out, if you decide to change your dates after your booking is confirmed. Your booking will be treated as a cancellation and new reservation, taking into account dates you rebook. This could mean you have to pay more money to secure your booking. Of course, as with a cancellation, if your cancelled dates are rebooked by anyone, the day rate is credited to your account. If you can think of a better way to make sure the system is fair to everyone, do let me know! This solution gives me no joy.
Who are the current hosts?
Please log in to see this content.